Congressional Youth Advisory Council
The Congressional Youth Advisory Council is a leadership opportunity for high school students in Texas’ Twenty-Fourth Congressional District to participate in an interactive learning experience and develop leadership skills.
Participation in the Congressional Youth Advisory Council offers students a unique opportunity to learn about the federal government, discuss public policy and local issues, and work with their federal representative and congressional staff while serving their community.
Through the program, students will strengthen critical thinking and problem-solving skills by assessing the role of the federal government as it relates to issues within our District while honing their public speaking and writing skills.
- Open to public, private, and home-schooled high school students.
- Student must be enrolled in 9th, 10th, 11th, or 12th grade.
- Student must be able to attend each of the six separate program meetings, three each academic semester.
- Fall meetings will take place on the following Saturdays, September 25, October 16, and November 13.
- Three (3) Spring meeting dates will be announced in December 2021.
*Note: All meeting dates are subject to possible changes in the Congressional calendar.
In order to be considered, completed applications, including all required documents, must be returned to Congresswoman Van Duyne’s District Office no later than September 21, 2021 by 5:00 p.m. Incomplete or late applications will not be reviewed.
Please submit completed applications directly to:
U.S. Congresswoman Beth Van Duyne
Attn: Rachel Garcia
3100 Olympus Blvd, Suite 440
Dallas, Texas 75019
Or via email to Rachel.Garcia@mail.house.gov