Congressional Veteran Commendation
The Congressional Veteran Commendation (CVC) has been created to honor the distinguished veterans of the 24th Congressional District of Texas and to preserve their stories for future generations of Americans.
Veterans who are nominated must be currently residing in the 24th District of Texas and have served our nation with honor consistent with the finest traditions of military service. The nominated veterans must also have served their community.
- Veteran is a current resident of the Twenty-Fourth District of Texas.
- Veteran served on active duty in the U.S. Armed Forces or was a reservist called to active duty.
- Veteran was honorably discharged from the U.S. Armed Services.
- Veteran has demonstrated exceptional service to their community.
- Veteran has not previously received the Congressional Veteran Commendation.
Nomination Packet Checklist
- 2023 Nomination Form
- Certification of Nomination
- Recent color photo of the veteran
- Copy of the veteran’s DD-214 (Required)
- Additional Documentation
To nominate a veteran for the 24th Congressional District Veteran Commendation for 2023, please submit completed nomination packets my District Office no later than 5:00 pm on October 13, 2023.
Please see the Congressional Veteran Commendation Form below. If you have questions regarding the nomination process, please contact Rachel Garcia.
***Selected CVC recipients will be recognized at an event the week before Veterans Day in November 2023.***